About the area
Casa Vieja is a traditionally built house in Urb. Can Singala, a nice quiet neighbourhood of villas near the seafront of Port de Pollença (Puerto Pollensa). Located in a quiet cul-de-sac, the walk from the villa to the beachfront is just over 350 metres (about 5 minutes) with shallow waters ideal for young families and children.
The resort boasts a number of other well-maintained beaches, all of which have been awarded Blue Flag status. A range of watersports activities is available a little further along towards Port de Pollença marina.
There's plenty to see and do in and around Port de Pollença. Why not explore a little, take things at your own pace and see what happens?
- Pollença Beach — a lovely beach a short walk from your door
- Pine Walk — Port de Pollença's famous seafront promenade, ending at the picturesque marina
- Alcúdia — a 20 minute bike ride or cab journey away (6 km)
- Port de Pollença — reachable via Pine Walk, there is a market on Wednesdays at 10:00—12:00
- Tramuntana Mountains— voted a UNESCO World Heritage site for it's rich Cultural Landscape
- Old Pollença — a beautiful traditional town only 5 km from the villa, don't miss the market every Sunday at 10:00 to 12:00
- Formentor— a mountainous peninsula, a famous hotel and some of the nicest beaches on the island
- Cala San Vincente — fine white sand beach with views of Formentor, about 3 km away
If you feel like sharing a particular favourite with us, please get in touch!
The closest supermarket is the Formentor Store, which stocks grocery items and drinks as well as a delicatessen:
Port de Pollença
Open 08:00 to 22:00 (March to November), extended hours 08:00 to midnight (July and August only)
There are several Eroski supermarkets in the town featuring a decent choice of Spanish food and drink and a selection of English products.
For more immediate needs (or you run out of essentials), there are several mini-markets within easy reach of the villa.
If you prefer to have food and drink delivered, let us know — we can help arrange this for you.</p>
Food & drink
There is an abundance of good restaurants and nice bars in Port de Pollença.
- Coral Bar — "The friendliest restaurant in Port de Pollença", not a 5-star experience but a very welcoming atmosphere
- Maxim Bistro — run by the team behind the popular La Piazza, which was one of our favourite restaurants around the market square
- Laguna Pool and Bar — good food, nice ambience around the pool with live music most nights, just behind the Illa d'Or Hotel
- Stay — located in the harbour area, we ate here over Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it
- Tolo's — an excellent family place on the beachfront, owned by a cyclist and frequented by cyclists, features a terrace with views over the bay and serves very tasty Spanish and Italian food
How to get there
The nearest airport is Palma de Mallorca, approximately 50 minutes away by car. There are numerous taxi and car rental services, both locally and at the airport. We can recommend some car hire services, if needed. A car is useful (but not essential) once at the villa, as all amenities are within walking distance. Bike hire for families is widely available.
There is ample private parking for two cars on the hard standing outside the garage. If you think you might need more than the available parking space, we can help arrange this for you — just let us know!